- RSS Channel Showcase 8398976
- RSS Channel Showcase 6065697
- RSS Channel Showcase 1733207
- RSS Channel Showcase 1216882
Articles on this Page
- 10/15/18--22:00: Game-Like Goal Scoring Drills for Soccer
- Transition - Teach your players to attack with a numbers advantage.
- Crossing and Finishing - Train players to make quality runs and to frame the goal to improve your scoring chances.
- Individual Attacking - Encourage your strikers to take on their defender and finish with a quick shot on goal.
- Pattern Play - Choreograph options and patterns that occur as the ball leaves your keeper's hands.
with Marcus Wood, Hardin-Simmons University Head Women's Soccer Coach;
2010 NCAA D-III National Champions; 2010 NSCA National Coach of the Year;
ranks third all-time among NCAA women's soccer coaches at all levels in career winning percentage (.868); 8x American Southwest Conference Coach of the Year; 11x American Southwest Conference champions (including 10 in a row); over 230 career wins; NCAA Record 145 game conference unbeaten streak
2010 NSCA National Coach of the Year Marcus Wood delivers 10 fast-paced, game-like practice drills to improve your team's ability to score goals. These exercises will increase your players' speed of play and help them better understand their positioning and their role on the field in attacking situations.
These drills provide training for:
Coach Wood lays out the dimensions of the playing space for each activity, provides key coaching points for running them and delivers insight into how a coach can tailor them to complement their particular playing style.
These activities not only provide many goal scoring opportunities, but they can also be used to train your goalkeeper. Since the drills are oriented to goal scoring they will place your keepers in situations that they will need to excel at during a game.
These drills will allow your athletes to "play soccer" and to more easily transfer what they learn in practice into a game. Order now and discover creative exercises to challenge your players and energize your attack!
72 minutes. 2012.